Great books for New Mothers
These are some of the great books for new mothers to read. They can be read at various times in your life. “Parent hacks” was helpful throughout my various experiences as a new mother.
The next two books were helpful in the first year and preparing for the baby to arrive.
The last two books are for after you get past the first year.
I look forward to your feedback or insights into other book recommendations.
Drawing from the award-winning website ParentHacks.com, here are 134 ingenious ideas for simplifying life with kids.
On every page, discover easy-to-do, boldly illustrated, unconventional solutions, arranged by category from Pregnancy & Postpartum through Sleep, Eating, Bath Time, Travel, and more.
From the American Academy of Pediatrics, the nation’s most trusted name in child care, comes Your Baby’s First Year, the definitive all-in-one resource that provides authoritative advice on every aspect of infant care. Featuring new and expanded content, including the latest reports on cutting-edge research into early brain development, the fully illustrated fourth edition of Your Baby’s First Year includes
• Guidelines for prenatal care, with spotlights on maternal nutrition, exercise, and screening tests during pregnancy
• Growth and developmental milestones through the first twelve months of a child’s life, including physical, emotional, and cognitive development
• An updated chapter on developmental disabilities
• A complete health encyclopedia covering injuries, illnesses, and congenital diseases
• Breastfeeding discussion, including its benefits, techniques, and challenges, as well as nutritional needs and vitamin/iron supplementation
• Recommendations for choosing child care programs
• Updated safety standards: the very latest AAP recommendations, including immunizations, childproofing, and toy safety
• Safety checks for home, including bathing, preventing drowning, poisoning, choking, burns, and falls
• Car safety, including information on car safety seats
• And much more
Baby Bargains: Secrets to Saving 20% to 50% on baby cribs, car seats, strollers, high chairs and much, much more! 2017 update!
America’s best-selling and best-loved guide to baby gear is back with an updated and revised edition!
Yes, a baby book that actually answers the big question about having a baby: How am I going to afford all this?
With the average cost of a baby topping $7400 for just the first year alone, new parents need creative solutions and innovative ideas to navigate the consumer maze that confronts all parents-to-be.
The authors ease the self-doubt and confusion of parenthood while answering the tough questions, including: Is social media safe for my son? How can I discipline my daughter so it actually makes a difference? Can I change my child’s attitude about school? and Why should I praise my daughter for doing what she’s expected to do? This award-winning book, in an updated fourth edition, offers expanded chapters on a range of parenting strategies.
Parenting By Heart: How To Be In Charge, Stay Connected, And Instill Your Values, When It Feels Like You’ve Got Only 15 Minutes A Day
Parenting by Heart is an empowering book that emphasizes real-life parenting situations and practical, compassionate solutions. Filled with specific advice tried by thousands of families, this authoritative guide shows what actually works rather than what theoretically “should” work. Here is the step-by-step guide with hundreds of tested solutions that will help make you feel more confident about how to instill your values, be in charge, and stay connected with today’s kids in these modern and often difficult times.